Champion Courses for Care Staff
What will the champion do?
- Promote best practice skills, providing a link between theory and practice.
- Provide motivation & supplementary development to staff (where appropriate) within their job role.
- Act as a named point of contact for staff, their clients & carers.
- Provide professional information and signposting to staff, their clients & carers.
- Work and liaise with other champions for support and sharing of ideas.
Current 1-day champion courses include:
- Infection prevention and control champion
- Medication champion
- Dementia champion
- Dignity champion
- Diabetes champion
- End of life champion
- Safeguarding champion
- MCA and DoLs champion
- Epilepsy champion
- Person centred care champion
The students will be expected to prepare PRIOR TO ATTENDING the course a short 10 minute presentation on the subject that will then be presented/demonstrated and discussed during the course.